[Wolves] Linux man pages

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 08:36:22 GMT 2007

leei at webmail.co.za wrote :
> > Does anyone know where I can download all the Linux man pages in plain
> > text format - preferably in an archive if possible!  I know I could do
> > "man command > command.txt" but this would take bloody ages!
> >
> > I suppose I could write a script for it by making an array of all the
> > commands and then replacing a variable in the above command and then
> > just disappear for a bit while my PC churns away but thought I'd see
> > if they were available first!
> >
> > Chris
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I think all the man pages are in html format on the pc so I am sure you
> can open them up in html format and print them from there.

No, man pages are in groff/troff (?) format.

I'm sure you can convert them if you must; but I've seen sites that
seem to have already archived them as html when searching the web. So
presumably conversion is easy and possible.

Perhaps there's a man2html / man2txt command?

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]