[Wolves] Pete here's a sales option for you.

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Fri Nov 30 18:08:12 GMT 2007

Chris Fox wrote:
> Well let's put it this way:
>
> Loan: £3,000
>
> Rent: -£2,000
> Tuition: -£1,000
>
> What am I meant to buy food and books with?
Are those figures per term or per year? I remember paying about £700 a
term rent to college (which included heating bills, but didn't include
any food.)

Well, it's been 15 years since I graduated, so my perspective has, of
course, changed, and my kids are only 3 and 5, so I have all this to
come, but :-)

In my day (grandad) there were two types of students:

- Those with rich parents
- Those of us who worked every holiday

I did data entry at a library for £145 a week in the holidays.
Fortunately, it was about 5 minutes walk from where my dad worked, so I
got a lift to work :-)

And for the record, my first ever job was Saturdays at McDonalds - I
could cope with the uniform, but when I had to dress up as a pirate my
nerve finally broke and I decided that I _really_ wanted to go to
University :-)

Mark