[Wolves] Fair Usage... and... Hosting a domain yourself

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Sun Oct 21 19:57:23 BST 2007

Andy Wootton wrote:
> Remember that the 'A' in ADSL stands for asynchronous. The upload
> speed is far less than the download speed you are used to. Many ISPs
> now operate a 'fair usage' policy on their 'unlimited' service and you
> will be putting the amount your link is used outside your control.
>
> Demon's £25 pm home-office service has a static IP address

My own experience has been that my website (which has a few hundred
regular readers) generates an awful lot LESS traffic that running Torrents.

See my earlier note about moving all the "big content" out to external
services like Flickr and YouTube.

Actually, can anyone recommend an "audio equivalent" to YouTube...
somewhere I can upload my audio clips?

M.