[Wolves] Under 16s

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Oct 24 10:39:17 BST 2007

Alex Willmer wrote:

> We could not arrange all of that in time for tomorrow and even if we
> could I would not be comfortable having it so rushed. Your parents or
> guardians are more than welcome, if they wish to meet us or even if
> they're also interested in Linux. We can discuss this further, should
> they wish.

Quite apart from that, there are also all kinds of funny issues around
the "Children Act."

In the choir in which I sing, something like 15 of us all had to have
Criminal Records Bureau checks... for the sake of one 14 year old in the
choir!

At a similar (non-Linux) group I belong to, which also meets in pubs, we
took the view that under 18s could only join us IF ACCOMPANIED by a
parent/guardian.

Sorry about this, but such is the law of the land at the moment. It's a
balance between a small amount of inconvenience for a lot of people
against some really nasty things happening to a few.

Mark