[Wolves] Windows Live Facebook?

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 07:37:48 BST 2007

Rob Parker wrote :
> I'm currently finding Facebook great and I've noticed it runs LAMP with
> loads of AJAX which is far better than the windoze-run myspace, but as
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7061042.stm is now true, will it be
> moved to windoze/aspx rubbish that's much slower and will suffer from
> crackers much more?

I would be surprised if Facebook was migrated to .aspx, but it's
probably not beyond the realms of possibility - Microsoft did a similar
thing to Hotmail when they bought it many years ago (FreeBSD -> WinNT).
From what I remember at the time, WinNT wasn't quite up to the job.

I'd have thought MS would need to invest a bit more in it, in order to
persuade them to migrate platform - which would be no small undertaking.
(I think they only have 1-2% share in the company, right?)

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]