[Wolves] Creating my own Ubuntu based distro

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:48:35 GMT 2007

I'm looking to produce my own Linux distro and would like to base it
on Ubuntu. I've scoured the web and found some handy websites and info
(such as the new application in Fedora 7 to create your own Fedora
based distros) that have helped me get the basic ideas. I then bought
a copy of the Linux From Scratch book from CheapBytes.com and started
(slowly) working my way through it!

I also want to translate all the programs to Welsh and produce a
distro that installs Welsh language as standard with a choice of other
languages if the user wants.  The actual translation into Welsh
shouldn't be a problem (I hope!) but the actual distro creation is
where I need a bit of help!

Any pointers to websites, tutorials etc I may have missed would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Chris