[Wolves] Suggest an OS

Tim Childe tim.childe.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:31:57 BST 2007

That would fit - it's definitely a graphics issue.

The install for Edubuntu seemed like a 800x800 res in a 800x600 window - ie
the bottom third was missing, so I couldn't selet options properly.  I think
it had a graphics selection in the install - I'll watch out for that next
time.

The live version went like a TV with the horizontal synch missing/wrong !!!

Tim.C

On 9/13/07, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Tim Childe wrote:
> > No progress with the laptop yet (no time) - but I have downloaded
> > Edubuntu to play with at work.
> > It wouldn't play ball with Virtual PC, so tomorow I'm going to do a
> > real install on a spare PC.
> One of my colleagues got Ubuntu running under Virtual PC but there was
> one fix that had to be made to the X config, related to colour depth.
> (Something like - ) Virtual PC only provided 16-bit colour and Ubuntu
> assumes 24-bit because the graphics card was capable of it.

Tim.C