[Wolves] I'm sure no-one will want to crow about this but... only (Ubuntu) Linux survived

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 07:14:31 BST 2008

Andy Wootton wrote:
> http://www.gadgetell.com/tech/comment/vista-falls-linux-pwns-this-years-cansecwest/
>

> Windows Vista is getting better though. It's now reasonably safe as log
> as you don't run applications on it.
> This is a definite step up from NT being safe as long as you didn't
> connect it to a network :-)

I'm not sure it's really all that indicative. Which would you prefer - a
Ford Focus running diesel (Ubuntu), a Ford Focus running Petrol (Vista)
OR a Jaguar XK8 (Mac Air thing)?

Someone on lwn.net said people had exploits for Linux, but didn't get
them packaged up into a usable fashion in time....

( http://lwn.net/Articles/275742/ )

David.