[Wolves] OT Open Source CRM Package

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Apr 30 09:09:55 BST 2008

2008/4/30  <leei at webmail.co.za>:

>  We are looking for an Open Source CRM package that will take all e-mails
>  from Microsoft Outlook and export the mail folders from them into the CRM
>  package and have all the e-mails stored on the server so that all customer
>  details will be on the server.

You can export the emails from outlook into whatever CRM package you
desire some may have different import layouts to the fields of Outlook
so some manual data manipulation might be required on the CRM end.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by storing the emails on the
Server? If you are using exchange then they will already be on there,
perhaps you can expand on this point?

> On the CRM package there can be levels of
>  security so that the md's data and the data for the staff are separate.

Any CRM package will give you 'Login Profiles' that will have whatever
security level you desire, what you really need is to decide what you
want to do with the CRM package.

Is it purely an address book type system? Do you intend to do
Marketing from it? will you be managing stock against customers? As
you can see the list is almost endless to an extent.

SugarCRM is pretty good and Ron's favourite (I'm not all that struck
on it personally) there are derivatives such as Vtiger but they are
all pretty much a muchness.

I've had a play with SalesForce they even contacted me but I'm not a
fan of having my data stored on someone else's server.

All in all if you answer the points I've raised I'll try and help if I can.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.