[Wolves] Smart phones and Viruses

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:19:53 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Re-LoaD <reload at brum2600.net> wrote:
> Kris Douglas wrote:

>>> I have it safe and sound for you just click this link and answer yes to
>>> all
>>> questions..
>>>
>>> http://www.letme0wnj00.com/thatlinuxvirus.asp
>>
>> ASP won't get you very far :D
>
> not that I program in ASP (Anally Sensitive Programming) anyway but most
> people will download a phone app to the pc first and then install it to the
> phone, so the point I was making has nothing to do with the phone more
> exploiting that weak link again..... Humans
>

>> Still, the massive variations on Linux platforms means that the virus
>> has to be designed for your system, meaning they aren't always the
>> best at being hacked.
>
> the same is true for car ECU's but that hasn't stopped me ;)
> roll on the WiFi/bluetooth ECU

The BMW 7-Series ECU, now they are a hacker target if there ever was one :P

I managed to get into ours after a while of poking around... god knows
what would happen if someone managed to interface with the configs
using bluetooth, you could turn the engine off on the motorway :P

--
Kris Douglas
 Softdel Limited Hosting Services
 Mail: kris at softdel.net