[Wolves] Cable Wireless Router recommendations

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 12:44:21 UTC 2008

2008/8/12 Philip Oakley <philip.oakley at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi
>
> I have just got cable broadband from Virgin Media. Could anyone recommend a
> good wireless router. My main machine is Ubuntu.

For my sins I also have virgin, I have Ubuntu and Gentoo machines on
the go. Don't tell Dick Turpin but I have 2 Buffalo routers I bought
from the Linux Emporium:

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/#pidR26831

I use one for home and one that travels with me when I stay with
relatives etc.  I meant to flash them with the open source tomato
firmware, but I haven't got around to it yet. The default firmware has
been fine so far. I will get around to Tomato one day.

Best Wishes,
Zeth