[Wolves] Cable Wireless Router recommendations

Re-LoaD reload at brum2600.net
Wed Aug 13 09:02:57 UTC 2008

Ron Wellsted wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:23:10AM +0000, Philip Oakley wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just got cable broadband from Virgin Media. Could anyone recommend a good wireless router. My main machine is Ubuntu.
>>
>> Many thanks for any advise.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Philip Oakley
>>

> Virgin media provide a (free?) Netgear wireles router in their
> wireless kit.

Humm there must be a reason its free......

**From Netgear :-

We received a beta firmware release for the ****** only recently which
is directly related to the problem you were having with throughput
speed.  If you would still like to test this please can you agree to the
following NDA terms below and I can send it to you accordingly:

We will send you by email or post as agreed, the firmware, software or
documentation discussed only under the condition that you agree and
promise not to disseminate it in any way, other than as expressly agreed
by the representative who sends it to you including (but not limited to)
that you will not post to forums, web sites and FTP servers for others
to download, nor will you forward it on by more conventional means like
the postal system.  Should this be acceptable, you must reply to this
message stating your acceptance of these terms before the firmware,
software or documentation can be forwarded to you.

** From ME !!

Subject: Re: Suggestion

Hi,
	I have just the one suggestion, DUMP the Indian call centre.
Robots with call handling tick boxes is just not customer support. The
people
on the front line of any business are the face of that business and
quite frankly your customer support for a business product should be
handled be technically trained people.

Thanks

***** (Re-Load)* no dox on LUG List :)
Technical Director

**And again from Netgear :-

Hi Re-LoaD

Thanks very much for the email.

I have spoken to our engineering team again and endeavored to escalate
the problem.  They are due to have a discussion on the way forward on
your issue this week so I will personally come back to you before the
end of the week with the outcome.

My sincere apologies for the delay - I am trying to do everything in
power to get a push on this since it has been outstanding for some time.

** From ME AGAIN...

Subject: Re: Message from level * support team...

?????,
	I have now had quite enough of this and would like this resolved
ASAP.
The case goes back to November 2006 and once again I find myself picking
up the ball to get things moving, would you kindly get in touch with an
update.

Regards
***** (Re-Load)* no dox on LUG List :)
Technical Director

** FROM Netgear:-

Dear Re-LoaD,

There is a new firmware available for the ****** which we would like you
to try :

****

And the story goes on and on and on.....

So I personally will not recommend any netgear product and shall be
making the same recommendation's to my fellow Directors......

Free for a reason (Too many already in stock ????)

--

Re-LoaD