[Wolves] EeePC eat my girls iPod's

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Aug 26 12:49:38 UTC 2008

Shane Martin Coughlan wrote:
> Lock and unlock the iPod.  Hold down the centre button and the top (up)
> button on the iPod until it reboots.  Now check the menus and so on
> again.  The iPod should be working, though the library may still be
> broken.  If it is broken, go to the Apple site, download the firmware
> for the iPod (or use iPod Update) and reinstall the firmware.

Hi Shane

Long-time-no-speak?

Tried the reboot thing it has no effect all the menus are there so are
the games just no music.

As for the ipod firmware I may be wrong but I think thats what the
'restore' feature of iTunes does but that keeps failing to apply. I've
tried using the USB port on the M'board (Read something about lack of
power) I even have a standalone sync base with its own power supply but
that didn't help either.