[Wolves] EeePC eat my girls iPod's

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 13:08:46 UTC 2008

2008/8/26 dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us>:
> This sounds like a plan (Thanks Zeth) so are we saying that Amarok, or
> whatever has renamed something on the ipod hence iTunes thinks its
> corrupted?

Maybe, the ipod database is fragile at the best of times, even if you
only ever used Apple stuff then you would still might have the
database corrupted sooner or later. Furthermore, Windows formatted
Ipods use the FAT filesystem, so it is hardly a recipe for stability.
Letting I-tunes re-format the FAT is probably a good move say every 6
months or so.

The golden rule is to keep the original copies of all your music on
grown up computers, I wouldn't trust the ipod with my worst enemy's
Abba collection.

I don't know Amarok as KDE is the dark side, but it is possible that
some incompatibility has crept in. However, using Amarok or something
to get the library out, might be slightly nicer if it then names them
with reasonable filenames.