[Wolves] EeePC eat my girls iPod's (Solved)

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Aug 28 08:08:26 UTC 2008

Hi All

Many thanks for the help. As suggested I deleted the db on the Nano,
iTunes then finally accepted it but I presume as a fresh unit as it came
up with a sort of registration screen I just clicked done and it went
ahead and synced at least for Monique's iPod I tried the same procedure
with Hannah's but itunes just sat there! I didn't have any time left
this morning so will look at hers tonight.

One strange thing I noticed that it was reported that Monique had a
large amount of 'other' data on her unit I'm wondering if the music that
was in fact still on there has been ignored during the sync and a
duplication has occurred?

I'm gonna do a write up/howto on my site later today as its not as
simple as you might think you do need either a Linux or a another OS
machine as well as your Windows box as iTunes gets in the way and locks
the db on your ipod so you get "Another resource is using the data" message.

Anyway thanks again peeps