[Wolves] HP IPAQ 3870 upgrade

Mark Croft croftyboy at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:48:19 UTC 2008

hope this makes sense.

I am trying to upgrade my HP IPAQ 3870 into a sat nav. It seems to
need the latest version of Windows CE on it. I think it probably best
to keep it with WinCE.As most of the software that does the fun Satnav
features - such as tracking and full postcode routing and voice(would
be a nice feature) , If anyone had much joy getting a nice satnav
working on such a device with linux freedom on it. What sort of size
SD should i buy for storing the software & map data? I can't get my
4GB too fit in the SD slot on it. it has 256MB I think it in it , its
bein a bit pain upgrading the OS on it. I been pulling my hair out
with this thing. I have got a bluetooth GPS unit that seems to pair up
with it ,but no software on it too communicate with it yet , keeps
through wobbly. Anyway do fell like giving up with it.

Mark REDDITCH