[Wolves] Hacking attempt - what next

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 11:17:41 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I left the port for ssh open on my router for only siz hours while I did
some work from home  (first time I've done it in three years)
and logs show that some Russian signed in to a user account and may or
may not have downloaded some stuff.

(I know they tried by the commands, but I son't know whether they
succeeded because perhaps foolishly I repeated the commands to see
whether they would work (they were only wgets of tar files) and was
initially pleased when it was denied, however the prescence of the files I'm
not sure whether it means I downloaded them, or whether they were denied
because already there.

Anyway, root last log in was me, how do I tell if anything done. Shall I
just delete the user. Anyone want a pointer to the files.
Anything else to do.

Oh, Fedora 6.

Thanks