[Wolves] Christmas Quiz Reminder

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Mon Dec 15 21:54:50 UTC 2008

Please make sure that you have emailed your answers for the quiz to me
by 10:00 pm Tuesday 16th December, so that I have time to get the
results ready for Wednesday.

If you missed it first time, the questions are:

For a bit of variation, this year some of the questions may have a
science fiction and/or a computer angle, but I will not tell you
which!Be prepared to waste hours (or days!) visiting some very obscure
corners of the internet.  There is at least one trick question.

They probably won't help, but my past quizzes are at:
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2003-April/001451.html and
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/wolves/2007-December/023818.html

Let's start with some easy acronyms:
1.BASIC

2.CUTS

3.COFF

4.ELF

Right, now you have been lulled into a false sense of security with the
easy questions, we'll start on the really hard ones:

5.What is the (computer related) claim to fame of Adam Beckenbaugh.

6.Who were Huey, Dewey and Louie? (hint: not Donald Duck's nephews).

7.What use did some Tibetan monks have for a computer?

8.How would you, as an adventurer, kill the dragon?

9.What large artefact was created by the Pak about 200 light-years from
Earth?

10.What is the name of second greatest computer in the Universe of Time
and Space?

11.Who is regraded as the first computer programmer?

12.Why was the PNG file format developed?

13.What unique computer is capable of “once and future computing”?

14.Who famously sang the song “Daisy Bell”?

15.What login and password would you use to access W.O.P.R.?

16.“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room.”

17.How many Enterprise's did Captain Jean-Luc Picard command?

18.What computer has “the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers”?

19.What is a DMC-12?

20.Where is the Colossal Cave?

- --
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.136111 Linux Counter No. 202120
Ekiga: 645022