[Wolves] Open Suse 10.3 and yast and NVIDIA

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Feb 1 13:38:07 GMT 2008

On 01/02/2008, leei at webmail.co.za <leei at webmail.co.za> wrote:

> Sorry to bother you all again.
>
> I have been searching on the net and would like to know the yast commands
> that one can use in a terminal basically to install a program and to
> search for a program in the Yast repositories.

Hm its well documented on the openSUSE wiki

However in a terminal just type yast2 you'll get a GUI style emulation
of Yast's thats easy to use. You will of course only get the default
repo's I have no idea how to activated the community ones from command
line., check the wiki.

> Aslo can I use the nvidia drivers from the nvidia web-site on Open Suse 10.3?

Yes thats what they are there for.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.