[Wolves] Open Street Map

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 16:31:49 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:33:26PM +0000, Chris Maggs wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have just got a new phone (a Sony Ericsson P910i) as was wondering
> if I can use it for Open Street Map logging. I have an M-1000 Holux
> Bluetooth GPS but was wondering what (free?) software I can use to get
> started.
>
> If the P910i isn't suitable I have a Nokio 770 with Navicore I could use!

Have a look at the Reviews page [1], as that is the page that gives a
lot of background on what you can and can't use.

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/GPS_Reviews

On a related OSM question, I uploaded my first GPX files over the
weekend and wanted to edit them. Not quite understanding what I was
meant to do, I've made a pigs ear of the first map. How do I delete the
edited map, as in the bit done on Potlach, not the original GPX points?

I plan on doing a few trips round Worcestershire over the coming months,
so hopefully my skills will improve beyond my embarrassing first attempt
;)

Cheers,
Barbie.
--