[Wolves] The Linux version of ACT! search continues

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Feb 20 10:19:53 GMT 2008

On 20/02/2008, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some strange reason this has intrigued me.  I have no use for
> databases other than those used in the system itself.  However, many,
> many years ago I used to be a database wizard.  This is going back to
> DOS dBase IV stuff and FoxPro though.  Anyway, is this Epesi a shell
> sort of thing that wraps around a ready made database?  If so, and it
> is open source then there has to be somewhere to change both the
> static zones from states to counties and the relationship from the
> country to those new zones.

Its PHP AJAX with a MYSQL database backend sort of similar to Jommla,
Drupal yadda yadda, the possible problem here is that the PHP and AJAX
are probably closely tied into the database structure.

Seeing as I'm not a coder it would take me three weeks to find the
relevant lines of code where as more skilled individuals could
probably find it in two minutes.

Also if some of the points I set out in the original post are not
'doable' then there is no point in wasting my time and will go back to
watching and waiting.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.