[Wolves] Ubuntu Installer

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Feb 20 15:45:53 GMT 2008

On 20/02/2008, Dave Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is an older blueprint for the technology
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MigrationAssistance .  Since then there have
>  been some overall improvements with Ubiquity (the installer) and m-a
>  (the thing that migrates the info).

Pete narrows his eyes!

Thanks for that Dave, I scan-read it, it seems to talk more about
exporting to an external storage device to re-import later as opposed
to a "I found this information and will use it to create a user
account then drag all your porn collection over for you".

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.