[Wolves] visual C++

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Fri Feb 29 00:33:25 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 16:55 +0000, baza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing a course on C++ programming where we are using Visual C++. I
> really like how easy it is to make GUI with it.
>
> I'm wondering if there is something similar that I can run at home on my
> Ubuntu 'puter?

To give Microsoft due credit, I found VS to be a really good IDE back
when I did Visual Basic work. The closest equivalents would be

* Eclipse  - native java, C++ or Python with an extension
* KDevelop - native C++ with Qt, Python with extension IIRC
* Anjuta   - native C with GTK
* MonoDevelop - native CLR
* Vim/Emacs + wxDesigner/Qt Designer/Glade - for those that prefer mix &
match tools

Alex