[Wolves] Tinkle tinkle little disk...

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Jan 3 14:44:01 GMT 2008

On 03/01/2008, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Aq had an idea ages ago for a round-robin style backup
> routine where, say, he backed up to my house, my house
> backed up to Jono's house, Jono's house backed up to
> Ron's house and so on. I don't think anyone has ever
> sat down to discuss it though.

This smacks of remote backup which is the new craze everyone is trying
to push at the moment (Even us) "The tin is dead long live the
service".

Interestingly I read (or heard on a podcast) last month that certain
distributions are getting a bad reputation for burning out hard drives
SuSE certainly went through a sticky period for burning out USB
drives.

We must all wait for the bio-genetic film drive that imprints your
data on a semi concious membrane. failing that some sort of storage
device with no moving parts, oh and no software ??

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.