[Wolves] Tinkle tinkle little disk...

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Thu Jan 3 15:18:16 GMT 2008

> Would the concept of remote backups (at the consumer/hobbyist level) not
> suffer from technical and commercial limitations at the network?
>
> Most people only have ADSL, which limits upload speeds.  On the receiving side
> there's the quota/traffic shaping issues that ISPs impose.

Yep. When I said "there are some issues with my plan", that was one of
them. On the other hand, it's not quite as bad as you might think;
most backups don't *change* much, so the first backup takes a long
time but then after that it shouldn't be so bad. It's still a flaw if
you want to add 200MB of photos every few days, though.

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!