[Wolves] Mobile Broadband

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Sun Jan 6 16:11:33 GMT 2008

On 06/01/2008, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:

> That said, I assume that everyone has settled on the fact that 3g modems
> are the way forward for now? This is fine except that I imagine it to be
> hard to find anyone offering a static IP address which I could allow
> through my work firewalls.

We've just purchased 3 of them at work, the latest Wifi Draytek
routers support them. The idea is have one along with your broad band
connection, if the line drops out the 3g will kick in that way in
theory our customers will have no downtime.

Of course we intend to charge for it :-)

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.