[Wolves] HUD (Heads up display)

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:33:21 GMT 2008

On 07/01/2008, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/01/2008, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Not sure how many of you follow Aq's blog but his latest post talked
> > about a heads up display for his glasses this expanded through a
> > conversation I had on another forum this morning to doing away with
> > any personal computer and having an on-line desktop, mobile phone,
> > bluetooth keyboard and HUD glasses.
> >
> > Suffice to say I've done a mock-up solution with pictures on my site
> > http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk titled Who needs a computer?
> >

> Nice :-) Isn't this something the military have been using for while?
> Or is that only in sci-fi films :-)  Seriously though, I seem to
> remember them working on something like this at Wolves Uni main site.
> I think it was in the  VR suite.  Anybody know anymore?  I am thinking
> back about 8 years....
> --

There are already VGA Compatible glasses that are capable of having a
computer screen projected on. It was on the gadget show where he used a
Mini-ITX motherboard in a backpack, windows xp and bluetooth mini keyboard
and mouse. The result was a rather crap (because of small display and
windows xp being crap) HUD, this though, could be massively improved.

--
Kris Douglas
      Softdel Limited Hosting Services

      Web: www.softdel.net