[Wolves] HUD (Heads up display)

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 9 08:09:31 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 23:56 +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > > You look like a spanner! Would you go out wearing that? You look like
> > > Geordi LaForge.
> >
> > It's worth bearing in mind that that's just a fashion issue.  If these
> > kinds of things are compelling enough to become popular, they
> > automatically stop looking stupid because everyone has one.

I'm still waiting for those springy running-stilt things [1] to
become ubiquitous :-)

> A semi-reasonable argument, although I'm not 100% convinced by it :)
>
> > Anyway, your projection keyboard is rubbish.  No keys means no feedback
> > through your fingers to know where the keys are, means crap input rate.
>
> True, but then there's basically no way to solve that problem, short
> of carrying a full-size keyboard around with you everywhere you go
> which is hardly practical...

Earlier in this thread I suggested a chording keyboard [2] - I
realise it's something that needs learning, but it really is
one of the best options for serious data entry in pervasive
mobile computing.
Alternatively, if your eye-tracking spectacles work well enough
then Dasher [3] is a good option.

 - Richard

[1]
http://www.skatehut.co.uk/acatalog/Powerisers.html?gclid=CLD04ZfZ6JACFRMXQgodhDzbWQ