[Wolves] Backup Windows files to Linux

trog trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 00:07:09 GMT 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 12:51, leei at webmail.co.za wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am not sure if this is possible.
>
> Is there away for a Linux PC to be able to back up files from a Windows
> 2003 Small Business Server. I would prefer to use Ubuntu as it is quick to
> install but the backup application would need to have a gui and be able to
> do full and incremental backups.

At work we backup a W2003 box to a Linux box via rsync under Cygwin.
http://www.gaztronics.net/rsync.php
I've also backed up Linux to W2003 via the same mechanism and then restored
the backup, just to see it it works fine, which it does.
--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)