[Wolves] Podcasts?

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:52:50 GMT 2008

LibSyn (http://www.libsyn.com) look pretty good. The $5.00 (£2.50 ish)
a month package seems OK for most people as a starter.  They also do
all the RSS malarkey for you!

>From past experience recording, I wouldn't get a cheap microphone as
you'll spend hours cleaning the audio up trying to get the sound to an
audible level!

A bit of advice from Dave Yates (if I recall) was not to host it on
your own machine. Listen to the 2nd anniversary episode of
LottaLinuxLinks for more on this!!

Chris

On 14/01/2008, Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 02:36:17PM +0000, David Goodwin wrote:
> >
> > Kevanf1 wrote:
> > | Theoretically speaking, what would be the minimum amount of equipment
> > | that you would need to record, produce and air a podcast?  On a
> > | shoestring budget of course :-)  No, it ain't me either before you
> > | ask...
> > |

> > Presumably some sort of microphone and a computer running something like
> > audacity / jokosher etc.
> >
> > So, I'd suspect about £5.
> >
> > David.
> >

> One mic would work OK(ish) for 2 people who are really friendly and
> don't move around much during the recording.  Otherwise it sould be 1
> mic per person and a mixer between the mics and the PC.
>
> --
> Ron Wellsted
> ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
> N 52.567623, W 2.136111 Linux Counter No. 202120
> Ekiga: 645022

My GNU/Linux Machines

CPU : 2.8 GHz Genuine P4
RAM : 512Mb Dual Channel DDR
OS : Fedora Core 6 Kernel 2.6.18

CPU : 733 MHz  PIII
RAM : 256Mb PC100 SD-RAM
OS : No OS yet; awaiting new HDD (Debian planned)

Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running Zynergy ROM
266Mhz with 32mb RAM
Wireless b active

Nokia N770 Debian Linux based SmartPhone
Wireless b/g active
Holux M-1000 Bluetooth SatNav Reciever linked to phone

"Linux - The choice of the GNU generation!"

Registered GNU/Linux user - #419550