[Wolves] Virgin Media. Is anyone else in wolves having issues with their connection?

Rob Parker rfdparker2002 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 20:36:40 GMT 2008

We've had Virgin's broadband (obviously previously Blueyonder) for many
years (I think actually when they've first had a broadband service).
	Although we've had our modem replaced once or twice, most problems
appear to be fixed by restarting it (pulling plug for 10 secs). But if
this doesn't work it can often be a regional problem or even a problem
with the junction box on our roadside.
	Also sometimes the connection can get slow and restarting the modem
also fixes this in most cases, but from what I've heard about ADSL
connections, cable users seem to have it much better (like not the
problems with distance from exchange, etc.)
	A good website (if you don't already know about it) to check is
http://gps.virgin.net/service-announcements/status (and no, the URL has
nothing to do with satellite navigation)
(NB: "We"=My Family)