[Wolves] Virgin Media. Is anyone else in wolves having issueswith their connection?

Simon Burke simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:43:42 GMT 2008

[mailto:wolves->bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Kevanf1
>Sent: 16 January 2008 09:37
>To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
>Subject: Re: [Wolves] Virgin Media. Is anyone else in wolves having
>issueswith their connection?
>
>On 15/01/2008, ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk <ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk>
>wrote:
>> This is an ongoing battle between end users, BT and offcom...and there
are
>> some plans afoot to make ISP's drop the "up to" from their sales
>> literature and be more honest about the reality of broadband speeds.
>>
>> We are quite behind some countries with our internet and there are people
>> in japan who would probably die laughing at our connections.
>>

>Have you been watching the Gadget Show too :-)
>
>But yes, many Asian countries have far better speeds both up and down
>than we have.  It is all about BT dragging their heels as usual.

*gloats over his 20Mb DSL2 connection*..
Though Im getting a planned outage every month now (usually between 1 and 3
am), and the customer service is rubbish, its not bad for £20 inc a static.

I used to use Cable when it was Blueyonder and didn’t have many problems but
I didn’t really try to do as much as I do now to be fair.