[Wolves] openSUSE repo's crash and burn

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 16 11:09:00 GMT 2008

Hi All

[Quote]

[opensuse-announce] ftp/stage/download.opensuse.org hardware failure
From: Adrian Schröter <adrian at xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:42:23 +0100

I am sorry to inform you that we have currently a bigger hardware
failure of the raid system, which provides the content of ftp.opensuse.org
and stage.opensuse.org.

As a side effect, also the redirector download.opensuse.org is currently down.
This leads to error messages, if you have added any extra repositories
in your openSUSE installation.

We work on resolving this, but we have currently not the needed hardware to
replace it. The raid will become available again tomorrow, if the night over
express succeeds.

Sorry for that
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian at xxxxxxx

For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help at xxxxxxxxxxxx[quote/]

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2008-01/msg00006.html

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.