[Wolves] Fedoara 8 or Suse 10.3

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:53:05 GMT 2008

On 16/01/2008, leei at webmail.co.za <leei at webmail.co.za> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to bother you again.
>
> Would it be better to use Suse 10.3 or Fedora 8 as a distribution to use
> to study Linux for the LPI exams?
>

> Thanks,
> Lee

What's the bother?  :-)  This group, as are all other LUGs, is here to
help with Linux questions and answers :-)  Unless I'm missing
something.

Anyway, as to the LPI exams.  I would have thought they ought to be
distro neutral?  So surely it shouldn't really matter which distro you
use.  Can you load both?  You get the best of both worlds then.
Though, perhaps a better way may be to install one of those together
with a Debian based distro.  That way you get to learn about the two
main packaging formats (deb & RPM).