[Wolves] BBC iPlayer woes...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:09:55 GMT 2008

On 25/01/2008, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Kevan,
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:49:40PM +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > I'd also like to point out, once again, that I did state that I, me
> > personally, have not looked at the instructions or details of using
> > the iPlayer.  But, then, let's let facts get in the way of a good put
> > down, eh?
>
> Your words were: "Sorry, I can't help but crow about this.."  You
> also used the words "woe" and "secret."
>
> A bit much for something you don't actually have any real experience
> (or apparently, knowledge) of?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

So?  Your point is?  Yes, I was crowing about it for god's sake how
many people on here were moaning because the BBC hadn't provided
iPlayer support for Linux?  Then, when it is all rolled out for our
Windows using cousins it is found to be flawed.  You expect me NOT to
crow?  Woe?  Maybe I did say that I can't remember the context though
so forgive me for that.  As for the secret bit, well, I stand by that.
 When highly relevant details such as a program possibly slowing down
a computer it is installed on are glossed over or relatively 'hidden'
then I regard that as 'secret'.  I actually liken it to the debacle
with Sony not so long ago with their hidden little 'extras'.

Then we have "A bit much for something you don't actually have any
real experience
> (or apparently, knowledge) of?".  Oh please, I think I made it quite clear that I was relaying first hand information from some very good friends of mine.  Nowhere did I claim it to be my experience and I did not hide the fact that it was not my personal experience.  I regard that comment as below the belt!

I take it you are so saintly that you have never crowed about anything
that you have only read about?  Come on, I think we've all done that
at some point.  Yes, I cowed about it and I still am, so what?  I feel
entitled to do so :-)