[Wolves] Rhythmbox Annoyance

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 12:26:53 BST 2008

Hi folks,

Anyone know how to stop Rhythmbox automatically playing a CD when it's
inserted into the CD tray? It never used do this, and is really
irritating when I'm in the middle of listening to something else, and it
switches, when all I wanted to do was use SoundJuicer to rip the CD onto
my machine.

This has only started happening since I upgraded to Hoary, as the
previous version left Rhythmbox alone and started up Sound Juicer, which
is what I want now. I'm suspecting this might actually be a Hoary system
setting, but I can't find where it is. The obvious place, System ->
Preferences -> Removable Drives and Media, contains nothing related to
CD/DVD players :(

Is there somewhere less obvious I should be looking?

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>