[Wolves] Programming books?

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 8 19:09:23 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 10:22 +0100, Peter Evans wrote:
> Almost makes me want to see a return to valves and switches.  Those were real
> computers.

Well, for those not challenged enough by the ZX80/81 project
earlier in the thread, you could always build a computer
out of relay switches, and other discrete components - it
would be a great thing to do with a school.

See <http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~harry/Relay/>
for details :)

But not valves - the electricity use is unjustifiable,
unfortunately, unless you have your own hydro
turbine. Keep the valves for audio gear :-)

 - Richard