[Wolves] APB on Alex Willmer

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 17:19:32 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:42:15PM +0100, dick_turpin wrote:

> Barbie would have been the best bet as he takes gazillions of pictures
> "But your site has gone tits up mate" http://barbie.missbarbell.co.uk
> just sits there and sits there then dies, too much spam protection me
> thinks. :-P

Unfortunately spammers had decided to hit a scooter site I host on the
same server, effectively DOSing it and all the other sites :(

It's back up and running properly again now. Sorry about that.

I would say it's not enough spam protection. At some point I'm going to
have to sort out something that can detect the spammers at the Apache
level rather than the CGI level. Anyone know any good howtos?

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>