[Wolves] Weekend pics!

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Jul 21 13:51:46 BST 2008

Zeth wrote:
> Well if they do it again, they might want to be explicit about the
> focus so people that have not heard of lugradio would be interested.
> What I mean is, what Lugradio does well is that it is an open source
> __user__ conference.
>
> There are lots and lots of open source developer conferences, and
> their were some open source commercial expos in Earl's Court, but
> there is not many user conferences, LRL is the only one I can think
> of.

(I mean this in a helpful friendly way) I think your misunderstanding
what LugRadio and LugRadio Live is about. Its not an expo or a
conference , imo the podcast can be equated to four layabouts down the
pub talking about Linux, now and again people from the community come up
and join them at the table and 'chew the cud' and of course out of that
comes some little nuggets that are beneficial.

LugRadio Live is an extension of that concept the difference being we
are all down the pub too. I don't think the guys want it to be serious
of course they need speakers ect. I think they just want it to be a
place where once a year we can all get together and have a laugh, meet
new people and catch up with those you've not seen for a while.

The largest draw (On Saturday) was for Bruno, Nuro and Gong-a-Thon, why?
coz it was bloody funny.

I must find a video of Bruno's talk its bloody hard telling people about
it from memory