[Wolves] ip web cam

John Kennedy skebi69 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:46:50 BST 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 11:58:31 Re-LoaD wrote:
> John Kennedy wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 June 2008 10:42:50 Re-LoaD wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> 	anyone recommend an application that would let me use a usb webcam as
> >> an ip cam on a Linux box
> >> i.e..
> >>
> >> 192.168.55.7:xxxx where the xxxx is the port of a webserver based cam.
> >>
> >> I would like the same sort of thing as the axim cams..
> >>

> >> any help most welcome
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Re-LoaD
> >
> > Have you tried motion. It is a set of scripts that provide "motion"
> > detection and web cam abilities. Works well.
> > John
>
> nope haven't tried any apps yet :)
>
> I should have also said that this Linux box has no GUI its a remote box
> in a rack and I would like to keep any eye on said rack :)
>
> Cheers
> Re-

motion is commandline based. It is not a script though. It is a C program that
comes with a daemon mode.
The homepage for it is:
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
John

--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine alone and are not endorsed by
(or agreed by) my employer, who ever that may be at the time...