[Wolves] Asus EEE PC 9-Inch not a rumour

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Mar 5 11:54:43 GMT 2008

On 05/03/2008, Kris Douglas <webbox.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Who cares, it looks gorgeous.

Hm, thing is there are lots of 9/10" inch units out there true the
price is a huge factor in its favour but it strikes me the selling
factors for the original units was;
1. Price
2. Size
3. Linux OS
4. Colour

I'd have been happier with a smaller overall size as opposed to a
larger screen size. Every review including LugRadio asks the question
"Why stick the speakers in the lid?" IMV and bearing in mind I do not
own one of these units the thing that made the screen look small was
the speakers if the casing was closer fitted to the screen the display
size would would not have been as noticeable, yes it is/was a small
screen but for me that's what I wanted.

Its a simple brain trick really get a postcard of say Blackpool, "Hm
looks OK" now stick a forty foot frame on the card "Wow that's small"

As always with new products it'll pay to wait, lets see what the
Christmas offerings have in store?

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.