[Wolves] Laptop batteries?

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Mar 28 15:07:20 GMT 2008

On 28/03/2008, Lee Parkes <leep at bogus.net> wrote:

>  Does anyone know of a trustworthy supplier of laptop batteries? I've got an old
>  IBM X22 that needs a battery.

Me!!

How many are you looking for?

When you say trustworthy what do you mean? Like it or not old
(Original boxed) kit commands higher prices than new kit this is
because "I have it, you need it, nobody else has it".

If its a second user or refurbed one then you have to be sensible and
understand that it is what it is and you're not going to get 300 hours
of life out of it.

Interestingly batteries are a hot potato in the refurbished market
most suppliers only offer 48 hours warranty but I know one or two who
offer 24 hours.

I'm getting some prices and will post them later.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release
System packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a
snapshot to the stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a
fresh install the command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.