[Wolves] Exim Spamassassin query

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:45:19 BST 2008

--- Simon Burke <simon.burke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Been a amember for ages but hardly post much and I
> havent attended a
> Meeting in years. (I think the last one I went to
> was when Jono was
> LugMaster, so It's been a  while).
>
> Anyway, I've set up a Exim/Spamassassin/CLamAV mail
> server (switching
> from exchange) for my home network.
>
> My query is, how can I redirect anything that has
> the ***SPAM***
> prefix in the subject to a specific 'mailbox' in
> Exim?

A similar thing came up on this list a few weeks ago.
I recommended a .forward file in the Exim user's home
directory (/var/lib/exim4 on Debian/Ubuntu,
/var/lib/exim on Fedora/Red Hat/ CentOS I believe)

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/filter_toc.html

Alex Willmer recommended sieve for server side mail
filtering, which may or may not be applicable in this
case:

"> The standard to control email filtering on the
server is called sieve:

> http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/sieve/index.html
>
> Apparently there is a thunderbird extension that
supports sieve.

> http://sieve.mozdev.org/"

Incidentally, I work with your brother these days and
he recommends "a simple 'if' on the subject line in
the append file transport".

HTH

Adam

--