[Wolves] The best OS for EEE PC [WAS] Asus Eee PC 900 (Linux) - White (in Stock)

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:57:45 BST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin
<dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> 2008/5/13 Stephen Welch <bigfishinnet at googlemail.com>:
>

> > Hi I would be interested in peoples thoughts on the OS for EEE PC.  So far I
> > have got through Hardy 8.04 for ubuntu and kubuntu and Xubuntu 7.10 None of
> > these seem to work as well as the native xandros install.
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_Arch_Linux_on_the_Asus_EEE_PC

 Typical :)

Still, I have seen Xubuntu running VERY well on the EEE, it was a
stripeed down version, and the boot time was no worse than average.
The interface was nice to use and the resolution worked ok, but as
people have been saying on the pre 900 models, some of the windows
caused problems (being off the bottom of the screen..etc.) But the
1024x600 resoltion should resolve this problem..

Kris Douglas
Softdel Limited Hosting Services
Web: www.softdel.net
Mail: kris at softdel.net

Company No. 6135915
Registered in England And Northern Ireland