[Wolves] OSM Mapping party + Bus stops for Wolverhampton

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 23:00:00 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that we have a Mapping Party running this w/e out of The
Public in West Bromwich. Hope to see some of you along over the weekend?
More at:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mappa_Mercia/Black_Country

Also, we have started to import NaPTAN bus stops for the west midlands, all
of them. Birmingham have been imported silently (ie you won't see them on
the map until we have resurveyed them and set the highway=bus_stop tag) as
have the ones in West Bromwich ready for the weekends mapping.

Wolverhampton and the rest of the West Midlands can be imported now, we just
need those mapping in Wolverhampton (I've emailed Ron directly) to say if
they are happy for the import to take place and if so whether they all get
imported with the highway=bus_stop set or not.

Where we already have bus_stops it's pretty easy with JOSM to merge the tags
and delete one of the nodes. Note though that the positional accuracy of
some of the NaPTAN data leaves a lot to be desired. See the talk-transit OSM
mailing list archive from the last few days to get a flavour.

Cheers

Andy