[Wolves] Greylisting

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Wed Apr 22 10:09:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:53:40AM +0100, Wayne Lists wrote:
> I see that there is a new greylisting option for Fedora - something
> called Milter.
>
> Is it any better than the original greylistd which was good but suffered
> from a problem with senders like yahoo and aol - often the second third
> and fourth
> times an email was tried would be from a different email server and it
> would be rejected.

I now use postfix-policyd to handle greylisting, mainly because it
stores it's DB in MySQL so is easy to admin and cleanup.

It handles yahoo, aol, etc by whitelisting the servers.  This seems to
be the only way of dealing with these (broken) mail clusters.

Are RH still pushing sendmail as the MTA? <Shameless Plug>Switch to
postfix, keep your sanity</Shameless Plug>

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk