[Wolves] network connection update

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 19:39:46 UTC 2009

Hi Folk

It turned out to be the network card rather than Ubuntu not doing what it was supposed to do :-)

I have acquired (given to me :-)  ) and  installed a Belkin desktop wireless PCI card. It seems OK,  but the signal strength is poor: about 50% most of the time . The card is wireless G while the router is N. I think that has something to do with it. There is a distance of only about 8 feet between the pc and the router, and no obstructions other than myself!!

Mo