[Wolves] Ubuntu 9.10 install

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 12 16:23:51 UTC 2009

>I am having problems with installing Ubuntu 9.10. As I start the installation process and >before I get a GUI, it seems to be probing the monitor and then a small box appears on >screen and floats around like a screen saver. The box has Hz and ? next to it which >indicates to me it is not able to recognise the settings of the monitor. This is very surprising >given that I have never had any problems with any previous installations of Ubuntu or >other distros for that matter. The monitor is working fine with current installation.

>I tried to do a safe graphics install but that did not make a difference. i tried the LXF dvd as >well as the cd I downloaded and both behave in the same way. I tried Mandriva from the >LXF and that was OK. I really prefer Ubuntu.

>Any ideas?

>Mo

I tried a different monitor and the same problem so it is not the graphics card or the monitor. the graphics card works fine when I install other distros so I am confident in that respect.

I have been looking at posts on the net about 9.10, and it seems there are issues with it detecting monitors. This is such a shame.

Mo