[Wolves] Ubuntu 9.10 install

Chris Ellis chris.ellis.intrbiz at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 02:37:25 UTC 2009

I am having problems with installing Ubuntu 9.10. As I start the installation process and before I get a GUI, it seems to be probing the monitor and then a small box appears on screen and floats around like a screen saver. The box has Hz and ? next to it which indicates to me it is not able to recognise the settings of the monitor. This is very surprising given that I have never had any problems with any previous installations of Ubuntu or other distros for that matter. The monitor is working fine with current installation.
I tried to do a safe graphics install but that did not make a difference. i tried the LXF dvd as well as the cd I downloaded and both behave in the same way. I tried Mandriva from the LXF and that was OK. I really prefer Ubuntu.

Any
 ideas?

Use Mandriva, its a better distro anyway :)

Chris Ellis