[Wolves] Save MySQL from Oracle

Chris Ellis chris.ellis.intrbiz at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:48:58 UTC 2009

Peter Cannon wrote:
Alex Willmer wrote:

>because PostgreSQL would replace it and

> that would be a Good Thing.

____

Postgres is the spawn of Satan don't listen to Alex he's been sectioned

before for saying stuff like this.

____

I agree with alex, pgsql is far superior and can actually compete at the same level as Oracle.  I see no need for MySQL within Oracle, it cannot come close to matching Oracle and Oracle XE covers Oracles lowend customers.

____

As people have said Oracle can buy it and they will probably make some

sort of propriety version but at the end of the day its GPL'd so all

that can be done is forks made the source will be around for use forever

and ever amen.

____

There are already 2 forks of MySQL for the sun era, why the hell do we want another! Especially under differing licence terms.

Homepage: http://www.wolveslug.org.uk/